What is an Alias email address?
An email alias is an alternate address that points to a user's existing email mailbox. This allows you to have multiple email addresses which all get forwarded in to your primary mailbox. For example;
Your primary email address may be firstname.lastname@example.org.
An alias would allow you so set up an email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc. and allow all emails sent to these addresses to end up in your primary (email@example.com) inbox.
How do I set up an Alias in my Office365 Account?
This is a simple process to set up. Just follow these step by step instructions provided below;
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal.
- In the header, click Admin.
- Under Outlook, click General settings.
- In the left pane, click Users & Groups tab, and then click Mailboxes.
- In the list of users, select the user to whom you want to add an alias email address, and then click Details.
- Click E-Mail Options. A list of user's email addresses is displayed.
- Click Add to add a new alias email address.
Can OzHosting set this up for me?